Adirondack Christmas on Main Street was a fun and successful weekend in Inlet!
Open for business for the weekend was Adirondack Fairway B&B, Adirondack Reader, Adiron Jack Custom Furniture, AVON Rep Barb Murdock, Deer Meadows Motel & Cottages, Drake’s Inn, French Louie ADK Sports, Frisky Otter Tours (@ Adirondack Reader), Great Pines, Inlet Department Store, Inlet Public Library, Kalil’s Grocery, Mary’s Gift Shop, The Ole Barn, Pedals & Petals, Red Dog Tavern, Screamen Eagle/Matt’s Draft House, T’s EZ Mart, Young Living Essential Oils Rep Amanda Miller & Zone 3. French Louie played Christmas music all weekend over the PA system that was heard through town. Many Letters to Santa were left in the special mailbox at the Inlet Town Hall. Santa himself will answer each letter that includes a return address.
At Mitch’s direction, about 80 children hunted for candy canes that were hidden in Arrowhead Park, then came into the town hall for popcorn & cocoa while holiday favorites played on the big screen television. Each hunter received a stocking with goodies, compliments of the CAA.
Those who visited The Woods Inn enjoyed visiting with Santa and Mrs. Claus while sampling treats that included cupcakes and cookies by Trish. Santa and Mrs. Claus were there. The lobby was decorated with a North Pole Junction train set, a Cocoa-Cola Christmas display and Beulah’s Dollhouse waiting to be raffled. The dollhouse had been refurbished by Ken Gabler & Paul Fear and had furniture on loan from Pam Mason of Raquette Lake Supply.
Results of the second annual Ugly Sweater Contest were: Ugly – Bekci Kelly in “Grammy’s Favorite”, Uglier – Ceard Curry in “Garlans & Lights” & Ugliest – Shawn Hansen in “Santa’s Last Christmas.” About 35 dogs paraded down Route 28 in Inlet’s eighth annual Holiday Dog Parade, led by Santa & Mrs. Claus and directed by Patty Wittmeyer with Dora. Best Dressed dogs were selected: Harley who belongs to the Lynt family of Old Forge, Rider who belongs to the Lockyer & Arey family of Inlet and Tico & Maya belonging to the Spor family of Inlet and Pennsylvania. All of the dogs received a treat, compliments of the Adirondack Reader.
Holiday Pictures were being taken by Adirondack Images at Screamen Eagle, with a special appearance by Santa. Holiday pies were enjoyed and People’s Choice resulted in Patty Wittmeyer of Inlet taking 3rd place with her Pumpkin, Wendy Mierek of Sherrill & Inlet taking 2nd place with her Maple Pecan and Barb Murdock of Inlet taking 1st place with her Cranberry Walnut.
Many gathered around the fire in front of French Louie’s ADK Sports while awaiting the lighting of the tree where Curtis Osgood played the hammered dulcimer accompanied by Phil Robinson on guitar. This live music was compliments of the Inlet Youth Commission. Bruce Caldwell did the honors of lighting the town tree. Many gathered in the senior room for cocoa and another visit from Santa after the tree lighting. Each child received one of Inez Rudd’s famous Santa cookies. Matt’s Draft House then offered free samplings of wines and Adirondack cheeses.
Candy Cane Hunt, Film Festival, Face Painters, Noah’s Ark Animal Workshop, Dog Parade and Santa’s Village helpers were Alicia Burnett, Robin Murdock, Kendra Carnell, Shawn Hansen, Becky Hasemeier, Mary Marleau, Sue Beck, Margie O’Hara, Kim Egenhofer, Shelby Townsend, Patty Wittmeyer, Susan, Lockyer, Tara Arey and The Woods Inn stafff. Special thank you goes out to John Frey, Jay-Jay Huebner, Nancy Sehring, Ken Gabler and Luna Gabler.
A small group gathered at The Woods Inn on Sunday for a Happy Hour and to draw some winners. The winner of Beulah’s Doll House was Heather Scialdo of Ilion, and the winner of the Holiday Basket Raffle was Linda Fadel of Utica & Inlet.
Holiday Basket included:
- Adirondack Fairway B&B – one-night stay
- Adiron Jack Custom Furniture– cutting board, ornament & $20 gift certificate
- Adirondack Reader- $20 gift certificate
- The Bay Café – 2 Eagle Bays tees, Bay Café mug, 2 jams, tea, granola & pickles
- Burkhard-Evans- Balsam Fir candle, canoe ornament, pine cone ornament & soft snowman
- Crazy Moose Quilt Shop– holiday table runner
- Deer Meadows – Bottle of Michelle champagne
- French Louie ADK Sports- $20 gift certificate
- Frisky Otter Tours – half-day tandem kayak rental
- Great Pines – $100 gift certificate
- Herr*mit Handwovens – re-usable red solo cups
- Inlet Department Store – $50 gift card
- Inlet Public Library – Book “Belgravia” by Julian Fellows
- Kalil’s Grocery – Two $15 gift certificates
- Mary’s Gift Shop – Two $15 gift certificates
- Mary’s White Pine Bakery – Two $10 gift certificates
- Amanda Miller – Young Living Citrus Fresh oil
- Barb Murdock – Candle, ornament, SSS, hand soap, lip balm & hand cream (AVON)
- The Ole Barn – $20 gift certificate
- Pedals & Petals – $20 gift certificate
- Red Dog Tavern- $ gift certificate
- Screamen Eagle Pizza – $35 gift certificate
- Sunset Beach Cottages – fleece with logo
- T’s EZ Mart – $30 gift card
- The Tap Room – $25 gift certificate
- Town of Inlet – One free 4″ x 8″ engraved brick paver for Arrowhead Park (read about the paver program here.)
- The Wine Shop – bottle of Bread & Butter chardonnay & bottle of Bread & Butter pinot noir
- Zone 3– Thyme to Garden sign