The Inlet Codes & Zoning Office is located in the basement of Inlet Town Hall
160 Route 28 • P.O. Box 179 • Inlet, NY 13360
phone: 315-357-5726 • fax: 315-357-3570
- Codes Enforcement Officer: Tim Durkin
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00p.m. or call for an appointment.
The main responsibility of the Codes & Zoning Office is to enforce the Town of Inlet zoning law and to assist people in complying with Adirondack Park Agency and Department of Conservation regulations. It is also the responsibility of this office to enforce the New York State Fire Prevention and Building Code.
The following is a guideline as to when a building permit must be obtained:
1. New construction of homes, garages, carports
2. Addition to and alteration of buildings
3. Storage Buildings, including prefabricated buildings delivered to site
4. Decks and porches
5. Enclosing porches, decks
6. Extending roofs over decks and porches
7. Rebuilding and structural renovations
8. Installation of woodstoves, fireplaces and chimneys
9. Demolition and removal of buildings
10. Change of Occupancy
11. Installation of new, replacement or repair of an on-site wastewater treatment system
A building permit is not required for the following:
2. Reroofing – There are building code requirements for ice shield and layers of shingles. Check with office for requirements.
3. Replacement windows. There are building code requirements for windows in bedrooms. Check with office for requirements.
4. Non-structural necessary repairs
There may also be permit requirements by the APA and or DEC.
building codes, zoning, permits, permit applications, town officials,